DC to 1.5MHz Adjustable Frequency, 0% to 100% PWM Duty, 9A Current, Switching Voltage up to 340V
The Power Pulse Modulator PWM-OCXi v2.2 is an advanced, high quality, durable, adjustable frequency DC pulse generator (PWM circuit) designed for providing an easy way to adjust power to devices or to pulse them at a wide range of frequencies and pulse times. This version is designed primarily for use in high voltage circuits such as for driving high voltage coils. The frequency is independently adjustable to the pulse width which can be varied smoothly from 0% to 100%. It is designed to fit a wide range of applications and be fully adjustable so that it can be used for many different tasks. These units can be linked together and used to complete a variety of tasks, or linked to our other circuits in all sorts of ways. The modules can also be linked together in a master/slave setup, and the pulse width (duty cycle) can be adjusted by an external analogue source. The circuit is made in England on a high quality PCB with double layer design, plated thru holes (PTH), and 2oz copper (twice as much as standard circuits) for durability and performance. Control knobs covers and enclosures available separately.
This model can very rapidly switch between on/off states compared to other pulse circuits. This high dI/dt allows for very high voltage gain in inductors, or autotransformers such as ignition coils, therefore giving higher voltage output for a lower duty or power input. You can switch mains powered devices by adding a Solid State Relay to the output.
Please note: Printed manuals are not supplied. Please download or print the manual using the link below.
Features and Specifications
- Wide supply voltage range(12V – 30V)
- Secondary voltage range from 0V to 340V(from external supply)
- Max output current 9A * continuous, 120A peak
- Frequency range 0.01 Hz to 1.5MHz **
- Pulse width adjustable between 0% and 100% or set to a specific pulse time
- Active voltage protection and adjustable current limit.
- Thermal Protection
- I/O for microcontroller interfacing
- Compact design
- High quality double layer PTH, 2OZ Copper PCB
- Fully assembled and tested before shipping
- New in v2.2: Optional external fine frequency adjust control.
- See manual below for full details and specifications
- Flyback Transformer Driver
- Ignition Coil Driver
- DC-DC converters, inverters and SMPS
- Solenoid Pulser
- SSTC Tesla Coil
- Induction Heating
- Motor Speed Control
- Resonant Energy or Magnetic Pulse Experiments
- And more…
For full details and specifications – Download the PWM-OCXi v2.2 Instruction Manual
You can download and print scales for frequency reference. They can also be used as a cutout guide when mounting the circuits in a box. Download Here.
Related Videos (links open in new window)